The recent Steam refund controversy has brought up a lot of questions. How many refunds can I get? What time is the refund window? Can I get a refund on games that are used or have been played before? To answer these questions and more, here is the definitive guide to getting a Steam refund.
What is a Steam Refund?
Steam refunds are a way to refund games purchased on Steam. If you decide that the game is no longer what you thought it would be, or if you have any other problems with the game, you can contact customer support to request a refund. However, there are some rules and guidelines that need to be followed before requesting a refund on your purchase on Steam.
How long does the refund window last?
The refund window is currently set at 14 days. You can request a refund within the first two hours of purchasing a game, but it won’t be accepted until the following day. If you want to cancel your purchase before the two-hour window, you will not be able to get a refund.
Can I get a refund on used games?
The short answer is yes, you can. However, the rules are different when it comes to used games. If it’s been less than two weeks since you purchased your game and you play it less than two hours, you can request a refund on a game that has been played or is being traded in.
How do I properly request a steam refund?
To request a refund for games on Steam, follow these simple steps:
1. Open your Steam store page and click on the “Games” tab
2. Next to the game you want to request a refund for that is not already in your inventory, click on the green “Add A Game To Your Wishlist” button
3. Log into your Steam account and go back to the game’s wishlist page
4. If you see an option that says “Request Refund,” then click on it
5. On the next screen, fill out required information
6. Now that your request has been submitted, it usually takes three days to process before you will receive an email confirming your refund
Is there anything else that can help me with my issue?
You should be able to get a refund for any game on Steam, including games that have been played before or are used and have been redeemed through Steam.
You can also get a refund if you change your mind about buying the game, which is why it is important to try out the full version of the game before buying it.
FAQs for Getting a Steam Refund
Q: How many refunds can I get?
A: You can only request one refund per game. Q: What time is the refund window?
A: The deadline for receiving your refund is 14 days after you purchased the game.
Q: Can I get a refund on games that are used or have been played before?
A: Yes. This is because Steam does not consider games in used or played condition to be “abandoned.” To qualify for a refund, your game must not have been started since its last launch date, and it cannot be installed on another computer. However, you should still verify with Steam Support that the game meets these criteria before requesting a refund as they change occasionally.
There are a few steps you can take to try and get your refund.
Steam refunds can be tricky to get, but there are a few steps you can take to try and get a refund.
1. Contact Steam Support
2. Contact the publisher of the game
3. Contact the developer of the game
4. You can try asking for a refund on the game itself
5. You can try asking for a refund on your steam account or phone number